Jan 3, 2014, 2:52 PM EST
Crain is a big question mark after missing the second half with a shoulder injury, but he was having a fantastic season before getting hurt and if healthy certainly would have been in line for a two- or three-year deal for much more than $3.25 million per season.
Going to Houston gives him a chance to rack up saves in a closer role and it gives the Astros a chance to potentially trade him for some future value around midseason.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)