Jan 3, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
Crain is a big question mark after missing the second half with a shoulder injury, but he was having a fantastic season before getting hurt and if healthy certainly would have been in line for a two- or three-year deal for much more than $3.25 million per season.
Going to Houston gives him a chance to rack up saves in a closer role and it gives the Astros a chance to potentially trade him for some future value around midseason.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)