Jan 3, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Meanwhile, in the Midwest League:
@FifthThirdBall park on fire. I am here. pic.twitter.com/Jt5OZIlTWG
— John Gonzalez (@MichiganGonzo) January 3, 2014
Fifth Third Field in Comstock Park, Michigan is the home of the West Michigan Whitecaps, the single-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers.
Here’s hoping everyone at the ballpark and everyone responding to the fire stays safe.
UPDATE: There is streaming video of the fire here. It looks completely awful. Huge.
UPDATE II: The fire is under control but the damage looks to be extensive. Still, the Whitecaps are striking an optimistic note:
— Dan Harland (@DanHarland) January 3, 2014
Here’s hoping. I’ve not been to this park, but I have friends who have and they say it’s a wonderful baseball experience.
(thanks to Allison for the heads up)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 110
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 52
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (117)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)