Jan 4, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
Zach Links of MLB Trade Rumors reports that there are 6-8 teams with “varying degrees” of interest in free agent reliever Kyle Farnsworth. He’s said to be looking for a major league contract, but nothing is considered imminent.
Farnsworth, who turns 38 in April, had a 4.70 ERA in 48 appearances between the Rays and Pirates last season. While he rebounded a bit after joining Pittsburgh in September, even saving two games, he finished with his lowest strikeout rate (6.6 K/9) since the Cubs used him as a starting pitcher during his rookie season in 1999.
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 1
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 19
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 346
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 81
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 53
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (346)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (175)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)