Jan 4, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
Zach Links of MLB Trade Rumors reports that there are 6-8 teams with “varying degrees” of interest in free agent reliever Kyle Farnsworth. He’s said to be looking for a major league contract, but nothing is considered imminent.
Farnsworth, who turns 38 in April, had a 4.70 ERA in 48 appearances between the Rays and Pirates last season. While he rebounded a bit after joining Pittsburgh in September, even saving two games, he finished with his lowest strikeout rate (6.6 K/9) since the Cubs used him as a starting pitcher during his rookie season in 1999.
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 0
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 28
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)