Jan 4, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
Zach Links of MLB Trade Rumors reports that there are 6-8 teams with “varying degrees” of interest in free agent reliever Kyle Farnsworth. He’s said to be looking for a major league contract, but nothing is considered imminent.
Farnsworth, who turns 38 in April, had a 4.70 ERA in 48 appearances between the Rays and Pirates last season. While he rebounded a bit after joining Pittsburgh in September, even saving two games, he finished with his lowest strikeout rate (6.6 K/9) since the Cubs used him as a starting pitcher during his rookie season in 1999.
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 4
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 18
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 8
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)