Jan 4, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
Zach Links of MLB Trade Rumors reports that there are 6-8 teams with “varying degrees” of interest in free agent reliever Kyle Farnsworth. He’s said to be looking for a major league contract, but nothing is considered imminent.
Farnsworth, who turns 38 in April, had a 4.70 ERA in 48 appearances between the Rays and Pirates last season. While he rebounded a bit after joining Pittsburgh in September, even saving two games, he finished with his lowest strikeout rate (6.6 K/9) since the Cubs used him as a starting pitcher during his rookie season in 1999.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 88
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)