Jan 4, 2014, 12:29 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Padres have signed infielder Brooks Conrad to a minor league contract. The deal does not include an invite to major league spring training.
Conrad spent last season with the Hanshin Tigers of Japan’s Central League and hit just .175 (10-for-57) with zero homers over 24 games. He turns 34 later this month.
Conrad last appeared in the majors with the Brewers and Rays in 2012, but he’s best known for his time as a bench player with the Braves from 2009-2011. By the way, our resident Braves fan will never forget.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)