Jan 4, 2014, 12:29 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Padres have signed infielder Brooks Conrad to a minor league contract. The deal does not include an invite to major league spring training.
Conrad spent last season with the Hanshin Tigers of Japan’s Central League and hit just .175 (10-for-57) with zero homers over 24 games. He turns 34 later this month.
Conrad last appeared in the majors with the Brewers and Rays in 2012, but he’s best known for his time as a bench player with the Braves from 2009-2011. By the way, our resident Braves fan will never forget.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 7
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 53
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)