Jan 4, 2014, 12:29 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Padres have signed infielder Brooks Conrad to a minor league contract. The deal does not include an invite to major league spring training.
Conrad spent last season with the Hanshin Tigers of Japan’s Central League and hit just .175 (10-for-57) with zero homers over 24 games. He turns 34 later this month.
Conrad last appeared in the majors with the Brewers and Rays in 2012, but he’s best known for his time as a bench player with the Braves from 2009-2011. By the way, our resident Braves fan will never forget.
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 1
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 5
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 18
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 41
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 22