Jan 4, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
According to the Associated Press, Rockies co-owner Charlie Monfort pleaded guilty yesterday morning to driving under the influence of alcohol. He was sentenced to 24 months of supervised probation and will have his alcohol use monitored.
Monfort was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence on November 5 while driving through Windsor, Colorado. While he told the police that he had consumed “about two beers,” his blood alcohol level was found to be three times higher than the legal limit. As you can see, he had a big smile for his mugshot.
Here are some more details on Monfort’s probation:
During the first six months of his probation, Monfort will have to wear an ankle bracelet that can detect alcohol use and then submit up to two breath tests a day, said Pamela Johnson, a spokeswoman for the Weld County district attorney’s office. He will also have to undergo alcohol treatment and perform 120 hours of public service.
Monfort was previously sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to DUI in 1999. He said outside of court yesterday that he is “deeply remorseful” for his actions and that “everyday is a battle” with his alcohol abuse.
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 13
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 41
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 31
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)