Jan 4, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
According to the Associated Press, Rockies co-owner Charlie Monfort pleaded guilty yesterday morning to driving under the influence of alcohol. He was sentenced to 24 months of supervised probation and will have his alcohol use monitored.
Monfort was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence on November 5 while driving through Windsor, Colorado. While he told the police that he had consumed “about two beers,” his blood alcohol level was found to be three times higher than the legal limit. As you can see, he had a big smile for his mugshot.
Here are some more details on Monfort’s probation:
During the first six months of his probation, Monfort will have to wear an ankle bracelet that can detect alcohol use and then submit up to two breath tests a day, said Pamela Johnson, a spokeswoman for the Weld County district attorney’s office. He will also have to undergo alcohol treatment and perform 120 hours of public service.
Monfort was previously sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to DUI in 1999. He said outside of court yesterday that he is “deeply remorseful” for his actions and that “everyday is a battle” with his alcohol abuse.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)