Jan 4, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
According to the Associated Press, Rockies co-owner Charlie Monfort pleaded guilty yesterday morning to driving under the influence of alcohol. He was sentenced to 24 months of supervised probation and will have his alcohol use monitored.
Monfort was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence on November 5 while driving through Windsor, Colorado. While he told the police that he had consumed “about two beers,” his blood alcohol level was found to be three times higher than the legal limit. As you can see, he had a big smile for his mugshot.
Here are some more details on Monfort’s probation:
During the first six months of his probation, Monfort will have to wear an ankle bracelet that can detect alcohol use and then submit up to two breath tests a day, said Pamela Johnson, a spokeswoman for the Weld County district attorney’s office. He will also have to undergo alcohol treatment and perform 120 hours of public service.
Monfort was previously sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to DUI in 1999. He said outside of court yesterday that he is “deeply remorseful” for his actions and that “everyday is a battle” with his alcohol abuse.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 0
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 74
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)