Jan 4, 2014, 11:42 AM EST
According to the Associated Press, Rockies co-owner Charlie Monfort pleaded guilty yesterday morning to driving under the influence of alcohol. He was sentenced to 24 months of supervised probation and will have his alcohol use monitored.
Monfort was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence on November 5 while driving through Windsor, Colorado. While he told the police that he had consumed “about two beers,” his blood alcohol level was found to be three times higher than the legal limit. As you can see, he had a big smile for his mugshot.
Here are some more details on Monfort’s probation:
During the first six months of his probation, Monfort will have to wear an ankle bracelet that can detect alcohol use and then submit up to two breath tests a day, said Pamela Johnson, a spokeswoman for the Weld County district attorney’s office. He will also have to undergo alcohol treatment and perform 120 hours of public service.
Monfort was previously sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to DUI in 1999. He said outside of court yesterday that he is “deeply remorseful” for his actions and that “everyday is a battle” with his alcohol abuse.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)