Jan 4, 2014, 11:42 AM EST
According to the Associated Press, Rockies co-owner Charlie Monfort pleaded guilty yesterday morning to driving under the influence of alcohol. He was sentenced to 24 months of supervised probation and will have his alcohol use monitored.
Monfort was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence on November 5 while driving through Windsor, Colorado. While he told the police that he had consumed “about two beers,” his blood alcohol level was found to be three times higher than the legal limit. As you can see, he had a big smile for his mugshot.
Here are some more details on Monfort’s probation:
During the first six months of his probation, Monfort will have to wear an ankle bracelet that can detect alcohol use and then submit up to two breath tests a day, said Pamela Johnson, a spokeswoman for the Weld County district attorney’s office. He will also have to undergo alcohol treatment and perform 120 hours of public service.
Monfort was previously sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to DUI in 1999. He said outside of court yesterday that he is “deeply remorseful” for his actions and that “everyday is a battle” with his alcohol abuse.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)