Jan 6, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Cleveland has agreed to a minor-league contract with 37-year-old reliever Scott Atchison, who spent last season with the Mets.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Atchison will get an invitation to spring training after throwing 45 innings with a 4.37 ERA and 28/12 K/BB ratio last year.
He hasn’t been very durable and at 37 that’s unlikely to change, but Atchison has a combined 3.47 ERA in 187 innings since 2010 and obviously the price is right.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 0
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)