Jan 6, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Cleveland has agreed to a minor-league contract with 37-year-old reliever Scott Atchison, who spent last season with the Mets.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Atchison will get an invitation to spring training after throwing 45 innings with a 4.37 ERA and 28/12 K/BB ratio last year.
He hasn’t been very durable and at 37 that’s unlikely to change, but Atchison has a combined 3.47 ERA in 187 innings since 2010 and obviously the price is right.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 236
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (252)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)