Jan 6, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Cleveland has agreed to a minor-league contract with 37-year-old reliever Scott Atchison, who spent last season with the Mets.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Atchison will get an invitation to spring training after throwing 45 innings with a 4.37 ERA and 28/12 K/BB ratio last year.
He hasn’t been very durable and at 37 that’s unlikely to change, but Atchison has a combined 3.47 ERA in 187 innings since 2010 and obviously the price is right.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)