Jan 6, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
It’s been nine days since Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reported that Johan Santana was close to signing a minor-league deal and that hasn’t happened yet, but now Andy Martino of the New York Daily News reports that the Twins “remain a real possibility” to sign Santana.
According to Martino at least a dozen teams have expressed interest in Santana, who missed all of last season and is a huge question mark at age 34 because of major shoulder problems.
I’m a Twins fan and Santana is my favorite pitcher of all time, so you’d find me at Target Field for every one of his starts this year, but the rotation is already pretty packed after signing Ricky Nolasco and Phil Hughes and re-signing Mike Pelfrey.
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)