Jan 6, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
It’s been nine days since Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reported that Johan Santana was close to signing a minor-league deal and that hasn’t happened yet, but now Andy Martino of the New York Daily News reports that the Twins “remain a real possibility” to sign Santana.
According to Martino at least a dozen teams have expressed interest in Santana, who missed all of last season and is a huge question mark at age 34 because of major shoulder problems.
I’m a Twins fan and Santana is my favorite pitcher of all time, so you’d find me at Target Field for every one of his starts this year, but the rotation is already pretty packed after signing Ricky Nolasco and Phil Hughes and re-signing Mike Pelfrey.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)