Jan 6, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
It’s been nine days since Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reported that Johan Santana was close to signing a minor-league deal and that hasn’t happened yet, but now Andy Martino of the New York Daily News reports that the Twins “remain a real possibility” to sign Santana.
According to Martino at least a dozen teams have expressed interest in Santana, who missed all of last season and is a huge question mark at age 34 because of major shoulder problems.
I’m a Twins fan and Santana is my favorite pitcher of all time, so you’d find me at Target Field for every one of his starts this year, but the rotation is already pretty packed after signing Ricky Nolasco and Phil Hughes and re-signing Mike Pelfrey.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)