There will be hours upon hours of Hall of Fame talk on MLB Network on Wednesday

Jan 6, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT

old TV

I feel like everyone is sick of Hall of Fame talk. Even those of us who never get sick of Hall of Fame talk. The announcement is at 2pm on Wednesday. But before then there will be hours and hours of Hall of Fame talk:

The announcement will be part of a three-hour live show beginning at 12:00 p.m. ET anchored by MLB Network’s Greg Amsinger, Brian Kenny and Heidi Watney, and including the first interviews with any electees immediately following the announcement, plus analysis from Bob CostasHarold ReynoldsJohn Smoltz, Hall of Fame award-winning baseball writer Peter Gammons and Hall of Fame voters Jon HeymanKen RosenthalJoel Sherman and Tom Verducci, and segments analyzing the ballot from a sabermetric perspective.

Live coverage and analysis of the Hall of Fame announcement will be featured throughout the day on MLB Network beginning with Hot Stoveat 9:00 a.m. ET and continuing on Intentional TalkClubhouse Confidential and MLB Tonight starting at 3:00 p.m. ET.

I’ll watch it I guess. It’ll be like Alex in “A Clockwork Orange” watching the old ultraviolence. By the time it’s over I’ll never want to mention Jack Morris again.

Wait, that already happened.

1. sdelmonte - Jan 6, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Beats hours and hours of BCS talk.

2. Old Gator - Jan 6, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I’ve been bitten so often by Hall of Fame talk that I’ve developed immunities to it. Rave on.

• Old Gator - Jan 6, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Uh – another thought, Craigster. If you will recall, Alex’s deprogramming didn’t finally take. He was back to his old ways soon enough. You will be too, me Droogie.

• yahmule - Jan 6, 2014 at 8:34 PM

But his beloved Ludwig Van will never sound the same to him.

3. beachnbaseball - Jan 6, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I planned on watching but then read two words in the story that made me change my mind. “Brian Kenny”. If he’s hosting I’ll track the results somewhere else. He’s nails on a chalkboard.

• Old Gator - Jan 6, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Like Captain Quint at the Amity Island town meeting.

4. xdj511 - Jan 6, 2014 at 10:56 AM

It’s unlikely to happen because Maddux is a virtual lock, but imagine the dead silence if nobody got elected again.

• jetfand - Jan 7, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Maddux will make it but vote as always will not be unanimous

5. babyfarkmcgeezax - Jan 6, 2014 at 11:03 AM

halloffametalk.nbcsports.com

6. eatitfanboy - Jan 6, 2014 at 11:04 AM

I couldn’t possibly list all of the things I would rather do than watch that. I will tell you, however, that the list includes removing critical body parts with a rusty butter knife.

• zzalapski - Jan 6, 2014 at 11:24 AM

What about watching all of the pre-game shows for the Super Bowl?

• eatitfanboy - Jan 6, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I haven’t watched 5 seconds of a pre-game, halftime, or post-game show in 20 years. If it weren’t for the the promos they do during the telecasts, I wouldn’t even be able to tell you who is on them. I don’t listen to sports talk radio either. I’m basically allergic to talking heads.

• Old Gator - Jan 6, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Well, you might get to watch one of the dancers suffer a wardrobe malfunction…..

• NatsLady - Jan 6, 2014 at 12:29 PM

They post all wardrobe malfunctions on YouTube…and discuss them endlessly, including the subsequent fines.

• rje49 - Jan 6, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Those Super Bowl pre-game show is what I was thinking about, too. Huge waste of time. All that talk… and it means NOTHING. Lucky if I turn the TV on 5 minutes before kickoff. So, yeah, all this Hall of Fame talk is on par with Super Bowl talk.

7. alexo0 - Jan 6, 2014 at 11:06 AM

I feel for you Craig. I guess I’m one of the lucky ones that has a job that will keep me away from this insanity.

• Old Gator - Jan 6, 2014 at 11:59 AM

I’m luckier than you. I have a retirement that will keep me away from this insanity.

• natstowngreg - Jan 6, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Yeah, rub it in, why dontcha?

• joecool16280 - Jan 6, 2014 at 5:08 PM

You mean like hitting “refresh” on this blog every 10 mins and making arbitrary references?

Fun life.

8. braxtonrob - Jan 8, 2014 at 6:35 AM

(Look at that picture of a television … Someone needs a new TV! I wouldn’t watch the story of my life on THAT thing.)

Pitching duel highlights Game 1 of WS