Jan 7, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Chavez threw 57 innings with a 3.92 ERA and 55/20 K/BB ratio for the A’s last season after they picked him up from the Blue Jays on the cheap in mid-2012. He was arbitration eligible for the first time at age 30.
Oakland’s bullpen is extremely deep in quality arms, so he’s unlikely to do much beyond middle relief in low-leverage situations this season.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 2
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 17
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)