Jan 7, 2014, 3:26 PM EST
A deal is done:
Our @ramonashelburne reporting that the Dodgers have reached an extension agreement with Don Mattingly; official announcement forthcoming.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) January 7, 2014
Ken Rosenthal reports that the deal will cover three seasons — 2014-16 — which means tearing up the one year left on his current deal. Money is not reported yet, but we don’t always hear about manager money for some reason.
The Dodgers have gone 260-225 under Mattingly. And, so far anyway, he has kept Yasiel Puig from murdering anyone. So yes, an extension appears to be in order.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)