Jan 7, 2014, 3:26 PM EDT
A deal is done:
Our @ramonashelburne reporting that the Dodgers have reached an extension agreement with Don Mattingly; official announcement forthcoming.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) January 7, 2014
Ken Rosenthal reports that the deal will cover three seasons — 2014-16 — which means tearing up the one year left on his current deal. Money is not reported yet, but we don’t always hear about manager money for some reason.
The Dodgers have gone 260-225 under Mattingly. And, so far anyway, he has kept Yasiel Puig from murdering anyone. So yes, an extension appears to be in order.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)