Jan 7, 2014, 3:26 PM EDT
A deal is done:
Our @ramonashelburne reporting that the Dodgers have reached an extension agreement with Don Mattingly; official announcement forthcoming.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) January 7, 2014
Ken Rosenthal reports that the deal will cover three seasons — 2014-16 — which means tearing up the one year left on his current deal. Money is not reported yet, but we don’t always hear about manager money for some reason.
The Dodgers have gone 260-225 under Mattingly. And, so far anyway, he has kept Yasiel Puig from murdering anyone. So yes, an extension appears to be in order.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 50
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 27
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)