Jan 7, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
If you were wondering whether Greg Maddux–clearly one of the handful of greatest pitchers ever–might get voted into the Hall of Fame unanimously in his first time on the ballot … well, the answer is no.
MLB.com published the ballots of their various BBWAA-member writers and this is what Dodgers beat reporter Ken Gurnick said:
KEN GURNICK, Dodgers beat reporter
Morris has flaws — a 3.90 ERA, for example. But he gets my vote for more than a decade of ace performance that included three 20-win seasons, Cy Young Award votes in seven seasons and Most Valuable Players votes in five. As for those who played during the period of PED use, I won’t vote for any of them.
Jack Morris. And only Jack Morris. What a world. Chipper Jones was right.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)