Jan 7, 2014, 8:13 PM EST
Tony Lastoria of IndiansBaseballInsider.com wrote Monday that the Indians “are very interested in signing” free agent Bobby Abreu, but FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi heard Tuesday that no offer had yet been made and now comes this followup report from Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer:
Heard Tribe not all that interested in Bobby Abreu.
— paul hoynes (@hoynsie) January 7, 2014
Abreu has been putting up big numbers this offseason in the Venezuelan Winter League, but he did not play affiliated ball in 2013 and he had a rough .693 OPS in 2012 with the Angels and Dodgers.
The 39-year-old — he turns 40 in March — will continue to struggle in his search for a minor league deal.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)