Jan 9, 2014, 9:11 AM EST
Dan Bickley has an appreciation of Greg Maddux today. The appreciation comes with the help of an anecdote from Mark Grace, Maddux’s teammate with the Cubs. And, well, just …
When they played together on the Cubs, Mark Grace once noticed Maddux walking around the pitching mound in a very strained, uncomfortable manner. Fearing his teammate was hurt, Grace approached the mound, only to find Maddux in an state of obvious physical excitement, the kind normally reserved for passionate endeavors.
“Man, you really do love to pitch,” Grace marveled.
Greg Maddux was already my favorite baseball player of all time. He is now my favoriter.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)