Jan 9, 2014, 7:36 AM EDT
David Waldstein of the New York Times passes along reports from the Japanese media that Masahiro Tanaka has arrived in the United States. He’s going to tour this great land of ours, meeting general managers and owners wherever he goes while his agent, Casey Close, makes them do back flips and stuff. It’ll be quite the scene, man.
Tanaka’s presence on the market is holding things up for Ubaldo Jimenez, Ervin Santana and the other free agent pitchers out there, one has to assume. Really, since mid December nothing of note has happened in hot stove land, and this is probably the reason. Perhaps that will all change some time during his tour.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)