Jan 9, 2014, 7:36 AM EDT
David Waldstein of the New York Times passes along reports from the Japanese media that Masahiro Tanaka has arrived in the United States. He’s going to tour this great land of ours, meeting general managers and owners wherever he goes while his agent, Casey Close, makes them do back flips and stuff. It’ll be quite the scene, man.
Tanaka’s presence on the market is holding things up for Ubaldo Jimenez, Ervin Santana and the other free agent pitchers out there, one has to assume. Really, since mid December nothing of note has happened in hot stove land, and this is probably the reason. Perhaps that will all change some time during his tour.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17