Jan 9, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
WPLG-TV in Florida reports that Marlins president David Samson will follow in Jeff Kent’s footsteps and appear as a contestant on the next season of “Survivor.”
According to Will Manso of WPLG the new season begins airing on CBS next month and Samson will be one of 18 players. Samson has competed in iron man events and runs marathons, so he might actually be pretty decent on the show.
I did weekly recaps of “Survivor” in this space when Kent was on, but that gradually crushed my soul and it’s probably not worth doing for Samson’s season. Could be interesting, though.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)