Jan 9, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
WPLG-TV in Florida reports that Marlins president David Samson will follow in Jeff Kent’s footsteps and appear as a contestant on the next season of “Survivor.”
According to Will Manso of WPLG the new season begins airing on CBS next month and Samson will be one of 18 players. Samson has competed in iron man events and runs marathons, so he might actually be pretty decent on the show.
I did weekly recaps of “Survivor” in this space when Kent was on, but that gradually crushed my soul and it’s probably not worth doing for Samson’s season. Could be interesting, though.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)