Jan 9, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
WPLG-TV in Florida reports that Marlins president David Samson will follow in Jeff Kent’s footsteps and appear as a contestant on the next season of “Survivor.”
According to Will Manso of WPLG the new season begins airing on CBS next month and Samson will be one of 18 players. Samson has competed in iron man events and runs marathons, so he might actually be pretty decent on the show.
I did weekly recaps of “Survivor” in this space when Kent was on, but that gradually crushed my soul and it’s probably not worth doing for Samson’s season. Could be interesting, though.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47