Jan 9, 2014, 1:24 PM EST
The Boy Wonder reports:
— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) January 9, 2014
Carroll can’t hit a lick anymore, it seems — he went .211/.267/.251 last year — but he’s still useful defensively. He’s able to play third and short adequately and is an above-average second baseman.
He’ll turn 40 around the time position players are to report for spring training.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)