Jan 9, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
The Boy Wonder reports:
— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) January 9, 2014
Carroll can’t hit a lick anymore, it seems — he went .211/.267/.251 last year — but he’s still useful defensively. He’s able to play third and short adequately and is an above-average second baseman.
He’ll turn 40 around the time position players are to report for spring training.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (79)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (70)