Jan 9, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
The Boy Wonder reports:
— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) January 9, 2014
Carroll can’t hit a lick anymore, it seems — he went .211/.267/.251 last year — but he’s still useful defensively. He’s able to play third and short adequately and is an above-average second baseman.
He’ll turn 40 around the time position players are to report for spring training.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)