Jan 9, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
The Boy Wonder reports:
— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) January 9, 2014
Carroll can’t hit a lick anymore, it seems — he went .211/.267/.251 last year — but he’s still useful defensively. He’s able to play third and short adequately and is an above-average second baseman.
He’ll turn 40 around the time position players are to report for spring training.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 7
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 26
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)