Jan 9, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Great, there goes D.J. Driggers and Yonquelys Martinez’s Hall of Fame chances. It’ll be up to the Veteran’s Committee for them!
Free agent Minor League outfielder Darren (D.J.) Driggers has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second positive test for a Drug of Abuse in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Free agent Minor League right-handed pitcher Yonquelys Martinez has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
I like that Martinez went with Metabolites of Stanozolol. It’s an oldie but a goodie. Gotta have respect for those who respect what their elders did back in the day. It shows appreciation for the old ways.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 12
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 12
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)