Jan 9, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Great, there goes D.J. Driggers and Yonquelys Martinez’s Hall of Fame chances. It’ll be up to the Veteran’s Committee for them!
Free agent Minor League outfielder Darren (D.J.) Driggers has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second positive test for a Drug of Abuse in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Free agent Minor League right-handed pitcher Yonquelys Martinez has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
I like that Martinez went with Metabolites of Stanozolol. It’s an oldie but a goodie. Gotta have respect for those who respect what their elders did back in the day. It shows appreciation for the old ways.
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 60
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 48
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)