Jan 9, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Great, there goes D.J. Driggers and Yonquelys Martinez’s Hall of Fame chances. It’ll be up to the Veteran’s Committee for them!
Free agent Minor League outfielder Darren (D.J.) Driggers has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second positive test for a Drug of Abuse in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Free agent Minor League right-handed pitcher Yonquelys Martinez has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
I like that Martinez went with Metabolites of Stanozolol. It’s an oldie but a goodie. Gotta have respect for those who respect what their elders did back in the day. It shows appreciation for the old ways.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 36
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 68
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 118
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (118)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)