Jan 9, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Great, there goes D.J. Driggers and Yonquelys Martinez’s Hall of Fame chances. It’ll be up to the Veteran’s Committee for them!
Free agent Minor League outfielder Darren (D.J.) Driggers has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second positive test for a Drug of Abuse in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Free agent Minor League right-handed pitcher Yonquelys Martinez has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
I like that Martinez went with Metabolites of Stanozolol. It’s an oldie but a goodie. Gotta have respect for those who respect what their elders did back in the day. It shows appreciation for the old ways.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 61
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 10
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)