Jan 9, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
Great, there goes D.J. Driggers and Yonquelys Martinez’s Hall of Fame chances. It’ll be up to the Veteran’s Committee for them!
Free agent Minor League outfielder Darren (D.J.) Driggers has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second positive test for a Drug of Abuse in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Free agent Minor League right-handed pitcher Yonquelys Martinez has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
I like that Martinez went with Metabolites of Stanozolol. It’s an oldie but a goodie. Gotta have respect for those who respect what their elders did back in the day. It shows appreciation for the old ways.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)