Jan 9, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig has been arrested twice over the past eight months for reckless driving. That has been enough for him to move over to the passenger seat. At least for now.
According to Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles, Puig spoke with Dodgers president Stan Kasten on Thursday and told him that he has hired his cousin to drive him around for the time being.
“I give him credit for taking that step if nothing else,” Kasten said during a radio appearance on ESPNLA 710.
Puig was arrested in Tennessee back in April for going 97 mph in a 50 mph zone. The reckless driving and speeding charges were dismissed after he performed community service. His latest arrest came last month in Florida after he was clocked for going 110 mph in a 70 mph zone. One would like to think that Puig has enough willpower to control himself on the road moving forward, but this is one way to ensure that it won’t happen again. As a millionaire athlete, he can afford that luxury.
Sep 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Los Angeles is 22-4 with Kershaw on the mound this season.
Sep 19, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Alex Avila is
Sep 19, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman has been out since mid-July with a hamstring injury.
Sep 19, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
Basically, we want everyone in the NL to finish with 88 wins.
Sep 19, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
Konerko has hit just .220 with five homers and a .616 OPS in 74 games.
Sep 19, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
What do you get the man who has everything? A bronzed version of the stuff he already has!
Sep 19, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
He has two years remaining on a three-year, $26 million contract.
Sep 19, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Because if Clayton Kershaw needs anything, he needs a bunch of run support.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Kevin Gauzman has been fantastic for the Orioles, posting a 3.57 ERA with just five homers allowed in 18 starts as a 23-year-old rookie.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
If you have to haze, at least get some coffee out of the deal.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
After homering seven times in his first 19 games Cubs rookie Javier Baez has gone deep just twice in his last 24 games while hitting .146 with 44 strikeouts.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Baseball is making a more formal commitment to oversight in international talent development.
Sep 19, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
449 feet off Addison Reed.
Sep 19, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
As usual, context is everything.
Sep 19, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
Just some casual perusing of epic collapses.
Sep 19, 2014, 12:38 PM EDT
This is the biggest series for the Royals since 1985.
Sep 19, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
It’s not as scary as what our friend Alex had to endure, here, but it’s still pretty cool.
Sep 19, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Come for the cool video. Stay for a way-too-long explanation of why I hate Rush. And the inevitable comments from Rush fans about why I’m wrong about this.
Sep 19, 2014, 10:34 AM EDT
Imagine being a person so awful and sour that you feel this is something reasonable to say.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
After a good night last night he’s 12 for his last 30.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 0
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 66
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)