Jan 10, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Garcia was terrible for the Orioles early last season, got demoted to Triple-A, and then resurfaced in the majors with the Braves down the stretch. Overall he threw 80 innings with a 4.37 ERA and 46/17 K/BB ratio in the big leagues.
At age 37 and with a mid-80s fastball Garcia has zero upside, but he’s likely available on a minor-league deal and the Mets aren’t looking to invest much in a potential fifth starter.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)