Jan 10, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Garcia was terrible for the Orioles early last season, got demoted to Triple-A, and then resurfaced in the majors with the Braves down the stretch. Overall he threw 80 innings with a 4.37 ERA and 46/17 K/BB ratio in the big leagues.
At age 37 and with a mid-80s fastball Garcia has zero upside, but he’s likely available on a minor-league deal and the Mets aren’t looking to invest much in a potential fifth starter.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 34
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)