Jan 10, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Garcia was terrible for the Orioles early last season, got demoted to Triple-A, and then resurfaced in the majors with the Braves down the stretch. Overall he threw 80 innings with a 4.37 ERA and 46/17 K/BB ratio in the big leagues.
At age 37 and with a mid-80s fastball Garcia has zero upside, but he’s likely available on a minor-league deal and the Mets aren’t looking to invest much in a potential fifth starter.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 25
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)