Jan 10, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Garcia was terrible for the Orioles early last season, got demoted to Triple-A, and then resurfaced in the majors with the Braves down the stretch. Overall he threw 80 innings with a 4.37 ERA and 46/17 K/BB ratio in the big leagues.
At age 37 and with a mid-80s fastball Garcia has zero upside, but he’s likely available on a minor-league deal and the Mets aren’t looking to invest much in a potential fifth starter.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 18
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)