Jan 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Stephen Drew remains unsigned and the Red Sox remain open to bringing him back, but general manager Ben Cherington admitted yesterday that they haven’t talked to the shortstop’s agent since before Christmas.
Appearing on WEEI radio in Boston, the GM said “there’s nothing really to report” regarding any negotiations with Drew and agent Scott Boras, and the Red Sox have a pretty nice fallback plan in rookie Xander Bogaerts.
Drew hit .253 with 13 homers and a .777 OPS in 124 games last season after back-to-back injury wrecked years.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)