Jan 10, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
For the fourth straight year friend of the blog Graham Womack of Baseball: Past and Present has compiled a list of the 50 best baseball players not in the Hall of Fame. It’s a reader/voter-driven thing, with 208 ballots cast this year. Seven players gained virtual election this year. Click through to see who. And yes, I have given you a hint with the picture already.
As always, good stuff.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 42
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)