Jan 10, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
For the fourth straight year friend of the blog Graham Womack of Baseball: Past and Present has compiled a list of the 50 best baseball players not in the Hall of Fame. It’s a reader/voter-driven thing, with 208 ballots cast this year. Seven players gained virtual election this year. Click through to see who. And yes, I have given you a hint with the picture already.
As always, good stuff.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)