Jan 11, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
And now, for the really big news.
Elvis Andrus made an appearance today at the Rangers’ caravan event in Frisco, Texas. And he used the occasion to show off his new Abraham Lincoln-inspired beard. Check it out below, courtesy of Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas:
No word on if Andrus plans to wear a stovepipe hat on the field this season.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)