Jan 11, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
And now, for the really big news.
Elvis Andrus made an appearance today at the Rangers’ caravan event in Frisco, Texas. And he used the occasion to show off his new Abraham Lincoln-inspired beard. Check it out below, courtesy of Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas:
No word on if Andrus plans to wear a stovepipe hat on the field this season.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)