Jan 12, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
They say that dog is man’s best friend, but in Derek Holland‘s case, dog was his biggest enemy. As ESPN’s Richard Durrett details, Holland says his dog caused him to fall and injure his knee on the stairs.
It was Holland’s dog, Wrigley, a boxer, who caused the starter to buckle on the stairs of his home and injure his left knee badly enough that he needed arthroscopic surgery Friday morning to repair torn cartilage.
“He was running up the stairs and clipped me,” Holland said Saturday. “I hit my knee on the step, and if it wasn’t for me grabbing the rail, I might have fallen all the way down the stairs and cracked my head open.”
Should athletes be allowed to own dogs? Should teams include a clause in contracts going forward that labels dogs as dangerous, like riding motorcycles? Can we even trust dogs anymore? So many questions and so few answers.
- Carlos Carrasco loses no-hitter with one out to go vs. Rays 4
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 7
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 30
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)