Jan 12, 2014, 11:22 AM EDT
Sizemore has torn his left ACL twice in the last two years, limiting him to a total of six major league plate appearances since the beginning of the 2012 season. But he showed promise with the A’s in 2011, hitting .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs and 52 RBI in 93 games, and the Yankees will hope that his health starts to cooperate.
Sizemore has primarily played second base and third base in his MLB career. The Yankees happen to need depth at both of those positions.
UPDATE, 11:53 a.m. ET: FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal says the minor league deal is done.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 15
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)