Jan 12, 2014, 11:22 AM EDT
Sizemore has torn his left ACL twice in the last two years, limiting him to a total of six major league plate appearances since the beginning of the 2012 season. But he showed promise with the A’s in 2011, hitting .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs and 52 RBI in 93 games, and the Yankees will hope that his health starts to cooperate.
Sizemore has primarily played second base and third base in his MLB career. The Yankees happen to need depth at both of those positions.
UPDATE, 11:53 a.m. ET: FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal says the minor league deal is done.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)