Jan 12, 2014, 11:22 AM EST
Sizemore has torn his left ACL twice in the last two years, limiting him to a total of six major league plate appearances since the beginning of the 2012 season. But he showed promise with the A’s in 2011, hitting .249/.345/.433 with 11 home runs and 52 RBI in 93 games, and the Yankees will hope that his health starts to cooperate.
Sizemore has primarily played second base and third base in his MLB career. The Yankees happen to need depth at both of those positions.
UPDATE, 11:53 a.m. ET: FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal says the minor league deal is done.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (76)