Jan 13, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
In case you had a life over the weekend or, in case you did something silly with your time like pay attention to football, you may have missed the news of Alex Rodriguez‘s 162-game suspension being affirmed by an arbitrator. Or, at the very least, you may have missed HardballTalk’s coverage of the news. If so:
- A-Rod gets a 162-game suspension;
- He will try to appeal it to federal court, but here’s why he has little chance of success;
- The winners and losers of the A-Rod decision;
- A big winner? Bud Selig, who just had a huge power grab pay off;
- Complete statements by A-Rod, the Yankees and Anthony Bosch;
- The Players Union disagrees with the ruling, but is now washing its hands of the matter;
- Where do the Yankees go from here?
- What does this do to Alex Rodriguez’s legacy?
- This is awkward: A-Rod could still participate in spring training;
- And, if he wants to, he could play for the Long Island Ducks;
- In the meantime: lots of sniping back and forth over everyone going on “60 Minutes”
- Controversial or not, Tony Bosch dropped some interesting bombs on “60 Minutes” all the same.
There will no doubt be more to spin out of all of this. And, as always, we will have it covered like nobody’s business. But at least now you’re caught up.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 56
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 52
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)