Jan 13, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Exciting day for utility infielders!
Izturis spent last season with the Reds, hitting .209 with zero homers and a .530 OPS in 63 games at age 31. He’s one of the worst hitters of this era and hasn’t topped a .650 OPS since 2004, but obviously teams don’t have Izturis around for his bat.
He’ll try to win a bench job during spring training.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 132
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (132)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)