Jan 13, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Young hit .260/.307/.407 with 11 home runs and 38 RBI over 103 games last season between the Phillies and Rays. The 28-year-old owns an underwhelming .705 OPS dating back to 2011.
The Orioles have been very quiet this offseason, so they still have questions between the DH spot and left field. Young has enjoyed success against left-handed pitching during his career, so he could carve out a place for himself on the Opening Day roster assuming no significant additions are made between now and spring training.
UPDATE: According to CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman, Young will receive a $1 million salary if he makes the Orioles and can earn an additional $750,000 with incentives.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)