Jan 13, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Francis showed a lot of promise early in his career with the Rockies, but was sidetracked by injuries and has posted a 5.26 ERA in 471 innings since missing all of the 2009 season. Last season he had a 6.27 ERA in 70 innings for Colorado.
He’s actually returning to the Reds organization after spending part of 2012 pitching for their Triple-A team, but Francis never pitched for Cincinnati in the big leagues and at age 33 he’s mostly just minor-league depth at this point.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (248)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)