Jan 13, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Francis showed a lot of promise early in his career with the Rockies, but was sidetracked by injuries and has posted a 5.26 ERA in 471 innings since missing all of the 2009 season. Last season he had a 6.27 ERA in 70 innings for Colorado.
He’s actually returning to the Reds organization after spending part of 2012 pitching for their Triple-A team, but Francis never pitched for Cincinnati in the big leagues and at age 33 he’s mostly just minor-league depth at this point.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 0
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)