Jan 13, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Viciedo had a disappointing second full season, hitting .265 with 14 homers and a .731 OPS that put him well below average for corner outfielders, especially when combined with poor defense.
He’s still just 25 years old, but Viciedo has shown no ability to control the strike zone and cancels out most of the value his power provides by making so many outs. With another raise likely due for 2015, this could be a make-or-break year for him in Chicago.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)