Jan 14, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Young hit .279 with eight homers and a .730 OPS in 147 games for the Phillies and Dodgers last season, but Rosenthal writes that he “wants to spend more time at home with his wife and three sons.” His family situation has been a factor for Young previously in terms of trade scenarios.
It’d be interesting to know if the offers to Young include the promise of everyday playing time or just part-time roles, because he hasn’t logged fewer than 550 plate appearances in a season since 2001 and the thought of a bench gig might make retirement more appealing. Also, I guess a wife and kids and stuff is cool too. Whatever.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 53
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)