Jan 14, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
Tony Plush alert. This is not a drill:
It appears Nyjer Morgan will be back in MLB in 2014 after a year in Japan. He’s closing in on a deal with unspecified club.
— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) January 14, 2014
Morgan last saw work in the bigs in 2012 when he hit .239/.302.308 for the Brewers. Last year he played in Japan, hitting .294/.361/.434 with 11 homers, 50 RBI for Yokohama in Japan’s Central League.
It’ll be interesting to see if it’s a major league or a minor league deal. But heck, Delmon Young got signed yesterday, so nothing would surprise me.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 0
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)