Jan 14, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
Tony Plush alert. This is not a drill:
It appears Nyjer Morgan will be back in MLB in 2014 after a year in Japan. He’s closing in on a deal with unspecified club.
— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) January 14, 2014
Morgan last saw work in the bigs in 2012 when he hit .239/.302.308 for the Brewers. Last year he played in Japan, hitting .294/.361/.434 with 11 homers, 50 RBI for Yokohama in Japan’s Central League.
It’ll be interesting to see if it’s a major league or a minor league deal. But heck, Delmon Young got signed yesterday, so nothing would surprise me.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 22
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)