Jan 14, 2014, 1:32 PM EST
Tony Plush alert. This is not a drill:
It appears Nyjer Morgan will be back in MLB in 2014 after a year in Japan. He’s closing in on a deal with unspecified club.
— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) January 14, 2014
Morgan last saw work in the bigs in 2012 when he hit .239/.302.308 for the Brewers. Last year he played in Japan, hitting .294/.361/.434 with 11 homers, 50 RBI for Yokohama in Japan’s Central League.
It’ll be interesting to see if it’s a major league or a minor league deal. But heck, Delmon Young got signed yesterday, so nothing would surprise me.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 34
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)