Jan 14, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Time for your annual Pablo Sandoval offseason weight loss update.
This one comes from MLB.com Venezuela correspondent Rafael Rojas …
The Biggest Loser, #SFGiants edition: Pablo Sandoval has said he’s dropped 42 pounds this winter due to offseason training
— Rafael Rojas C (@rafaelrojasc) January 14, 2014
Sandoval provided visual evidence of his progress back in early December and he has apparently stuck to the program. The 27-year-old third baseman will be looking to bounce back in a big way in 2014 after posting a pedestrian .278/.341/.417 slash line in 141 games last year for the 76-86 Giants. Sandoval, a .298/.351/.476 career hitter in the major leagues, is scheduled to reach the free agent market for the first time next winter.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)