Jan 15, 2014, 1:33 PM EST
As expected Charlie Manuel is staying in the Phillies organization after being let go as manager, with Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reporting that he’s accepted a position as a “senior advisor to the general manager.”
Manuel had hoped to land another manager gig, but at age 70 that might be a tough sell despite the 780-636 (.551) record he compiled in nine seasons with the Phillies. Instead he’ll lend his expertise to Ruben Amaro Jr., who’s never let age get in the way of employing anyone.
Also, never forget: Charlie Manuel was a snake-fighting playboy.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)