Jan 15, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
As expected Charlie Manuel is staying in the Phillies organization after being let go as manager, with Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reporting that he’s accepted a position as a “senior advisor to the general manager.”
Manuel had hoped to land another manager gig, but at age 70 that might be a tough sell despite the 780-636 (.551) record he compiled in nine seasons with the Phillies. Instead he’ll lend his expertise to Ruben Amaro Jr., who’s never let age get in the way of employing anyone.
Also, never forget: Charlie Manuel was a snake-fighting playboy.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11