Jan 15, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Since the ESPN Sunday Night games were announced earlier today, you had to figure that the rest of the schedule — as far as game times — would fall in line later in the day. And they just fell in line. Among the details:
- The opening series in Sydney, Australia between the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Los Angeles Dodgers will take place on Saturday, March 22nd at 7pm Sydney time. That means midnight in L.A. and Phoenix, 3AM back east. Which, yes, is inconvenient for some of us, but the point is to bring baseball to Australians, not satisfy people in Ohio, so there’s not a valid complaint there. Not that it will stop people from complaining. The Sunday game will be at 6pm Pacific and 9pm Eastern.
- On Sunday, March 30th, the non-Australian portion of the season will begin with the San Diego Padres hosting the Dodgers at 8:05 Eastern, 5:05 Pacific.
- Thirteen games will be played on traditional Opening Day on Monday, March 31st. The first full slate of 15 games will be played on Wednesday, April 2nd.
- The final day of the 2014 regular season, which features 12 divisional match-ups, is scheduled for Sunday, September 28th.
Go check your team’s schedule for all of the specific game times, as they should be loaded in there now.
Play ball. Eventually, anyway.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 16
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 49
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)