Jan 15, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
Aceves spent most of last season at Triple-A, appearing in just 11 games for the Red Sox at age 30, and posted a combined 5.21 ERA in 121 innings for Boston between 2012 and 2013.
He’ll try to win a bullpen job and Bob Nightengale of USA Today says Aceves’ deal would be worth $1.2 million in upfront money if he makes the Opening Day roster out of spring training.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)