Jan 15, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
Aceves spent most of last season at Triple-A, appearing in just 11 games for the Red Sox at age 30, and posted a combined 5.21 ERA in 121 innings for Boston between 2012 and 2013.
He’ll try to win a bullpen job and Bob Nightengale of USA Today says Aceves’ deal would be worth $1.2 million in upfront money if he makes the Opening Day roster out of spring training.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 13
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 17
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 59
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)