Jan 15, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
Aceves spent most of last season at Triple-A, appearing in just 11 games for the Red Sox at age 30, and posted a combined 5.21 ERA in 121 innings for Boston between 2012 and 2013.
He’ll try to win a bullpen job and Bob Nightengale of USA Today says Aceves’ deal would be worth $1.2 million in upfront money if he makes the Opening Day roster out of spring training.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)