Jan 16, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Will Leitch does God’s work over at Sports on Earth today. He mapped out a 30-ballparks-in-30-days trip, complete with flights, hotels, cabs, tickets and scheduling. Yes, it can be done. You have to stay in Baltimore for two nights in a row, though. Other than that it’s spiffy.
How much does it cost? Click through to the story to find out. I find it, all things considered, quite reasonable.
Of course he didn’t figure in the food and beer and stuff. And, to be honest, I’d probably try to spring for better seats. But even if you make it a bit more upmarket than Will makes it, it’s not a bad deal. I mean, it’s more than almost all of us can spend on a lark, but if your life is already set up to where you can take off for a month, no questions asked, you’ve probably got the money anyway. Or you work for a sports media company that could bankroll this in the interests of a great story across multiple platforms.
Hint-hint, Mr. Peacock?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 25
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 11
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)