Jan 16, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Will Leitch does God’s work over at Sports on Earth today. He mapped out a 30-ballparks-in-30-days trip, complete with flights, hotels, cabs, tickets and scheduling. Yes, it can be done. You have to stay in Baltimore for two nights in a row, though. Other than that it’s spiffy.
How much does it cost? Click through to the story to find out. I find it, all things considered, quite reasonable.
Of course he didn’t figure in the food and beer and stuff. And, to be honest, I’d probably try to spring for better seats. But even if you make it a bit more upmarket than Will makes it, it’s not a bad deal. I mean, it’s more than almost all of us can spend on a lark, but if your life is already set up to where you can take off for a month, no questions asked, you’ve probably got the money anyway. Or you work for a sports media company that could bankroll this in the interests of a great story across multiple platforms.
Hint-hint, Mr. Peacock?
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)