Jan 16, 2014, 4:59 PM EST
Will Leitch does God’s work over at Sports on Earth today. He mapped out a 30-ballparks-in-30-days trip, complete with flights, hotels, cabs, tickets and scheduling. Yes, it can be done. You have to stay in Baltimore for two nights in a row, though. Other than that it’s spiffy.
How much does it cost? Click through to the story to find out. I find it, all things considered, quite reasonable.
Of course he didn’t figure in the food and beer and stuff. And, to be honest, I’d probably try to spring for better seats. But even if you make it a bit more upmarket than Will makes it, it’s not a bad deal. I mean, it’s more than almost all of us can spend on a lark, but if your life is already set up to where you can take off for a month, no questions asked, you’ve probably got the money anyway. Or you work for a sports media company that could bankroll this in the interests of a great story across multiple platforms.
Hint-hint, Mr. Peacock?
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)