Jan 16, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Will Leitch does God’s work over at Sports on Earth today. He mapped out a 30-ballparks-in-30-days trip, complete with flights, hotels, cabs, tickets and scheduling. Yes, it can be done. You have to stay in Baltimore for two nights in a row, though. Other than that it’s spiffy.
How much does it cost? Click through to the story to find out. I find it, all things considered, quite reasonable.
Of course he didn’t figure in the food and beer and stuff. And, to be honest, I’d probably try to spring for better seats. But even if you make it a bit more upmarket than Will makes it, it’s not a bad deal. I mean, it’s more than almost all of us can spend on a lark, but if your life is already set up to where you can take off for a month, no questions asked, you’ve probably got the money anyway. Or you work for a sports media company that could bankroll this in the interests of a great story across multiple platforms.
Hint-hint, Mr. Peacock?
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)