Jan 16, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Will Leitch does God’s work over at Sports on Earth today. He mapped out a 30-ballparks-in-30-days trip, complete with flights, hotels, cabs, tickets and scheduling. Yes, it can be done. You have to stay in Baltimore for two nights in a row, though. Other than that it’s spiffy.
How much does it cost? Click through to the story to find out. I find it, all things considered, quite reasonable.
Of course he didn’t figure in the food and beer and stuff. And, to be honest, I’d probably try to spring for better seats. But even if you make it a bit more upmarket than Will makes it, it’s not a bad deal. I mean, it’s more than almost all of us can spend on a lark, but if your life is already set up to where you can take off for a month, no questions asked, you’ve probably got the money anyway. Or you work for a sports media company that could bankroll this in the interests of a great story across multiple platforms.
Hint-hint, Mr. Peacock?
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 11
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 46
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 51
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 44
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)