Jan 16, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
From the annals of chutzpah. This comes from KCRA TV in Sacramento:
Paris said his son was racing toward home plate to score the winning run during a Lakeside Little League game last spring when the boy threw off his helmet in celebration.
“He was so excited,” Paris said.
In legal papers filed in court, the teen’s former coach, Alan Beck, contends the boy “carelessly threw a helmet, striking Plaintiff’s Achilles tendon and tearing it.”
The coach is suing the kid and the league, natch, for $500,000 for pain and suffering and over $100,000 for lost wages and medical bills.
I know what you’re thinking: this guy is pathetic. Maybe so. But think about the precedent this sets. How many of you parents out there have been injured by your own children? God, I’ve lost count how many times my kids have injured me! Indeed, I’m suffering from constant stress and anxiety that I may, at any moment, step on one of their Legos when I’m not wearing my slippers. THAT HURTS.
So, thank you Coach Beck. You may be an opportunistic jerkwad who can’t accept that sometimes accidents just happen, especially when kids are involved, but you may allow me to make some money by following in your footsteps.
Mookie and Carlo: YOU’RE ON NOTICE
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)