Jan 16, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
From the annals of chutzpah. This comes from KCRA TV in Sacramento:
Paris said his son was racing toward home plate to score the winning run during a Lakeside Little League game last spring when the boy threw off his helmet in celebration.
“He was so excited,” Paris said.
In legal papers filed in court, the teen’s former coach, Alan Beck, contends the boy “carelessly threw a helmet, striking Plaintiff’s Achilles tendon and tearing it.”
The coach is suing the kid and the league, natch, for $500,000 for pain and suffering and over $100,000 for lost wages and medical bills.
I know what you’re thinking: this guy is pathetic. Maybe so. But think about the precedent this sets. How many of you parents out there have been injured by your own children? God, I’ve lost count how many times my kids have injured me! Indeed, I’m suffering from constant stress and anxiety that I may, at any moment, step on one of their Legos when I’m not wearing my slippers. THAT HURTS.
So, thank you Coach Beck. You may be an opportunistic jerkwad who can’t accept that sometimes accidents just happen, especially when kids are involved, but you may allow me to make some money by following in your footsteps.
Mookie and Carlo: YOU’RE ON NOTICE
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 8
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 3
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 7
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 80
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (87)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)