Jan 16, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Norris made $3 million last season while posting a 4.18 ERA and 147/67 K/BB ratio over 176 2/3 innings between the Astros and Orioles, so he’ll nearly double his salary in his second year of arbitration. He remains under team control through 2015.
Norris has been mentioned as a possibility to fill the Orioles’ vacant closer role, but it appears that he’ll remain in the starting rotation to begin 2014.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 12
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 56
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)