Jan 16, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Norris made $3 million last season while posting a 4.18 ERA and 147/67 K/BB ratio over 176 2/3 innings between the Astros and Orioles, so he’ll nearly double his salary in his second year of arbitration. He remains under team control through 2015.
Norris has been mentioned as a possibility to fill the Orioles’ vacant closer role, but it appears that he’ll remain in the starting rotation to begin 2014.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)