Jan 16, 2014, 11:09 PM EST
Kennedy, who was arbitration-eligible for the second time this winter, earned $4,265,000 last season while posting a 4.91 ERA and 163/73 K/BB ratio over 181 1/3 innings between the Diamondbacks and Padres. The 29-year-old remains under team control through 2015.
Kennedy showed improvement after being traded to the Padres last July and his fly ball ways are a much better fit in PETCO Park than in Arizona, so it would be no surprise to see him bounce back in 2014.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 1
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 341
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (341)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Report: Josh Hamilton could get a suspension of “at least 25 games” (71)