Jan 16, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
Kennedy, who was arbitration-eligible for the second time this winter, earned $4,265,000 last season while posting a 4.91 ERA and 163/73 K/BB ratio over 181 1/3 innings between the Diamondbacks and Padres. The 29-year-old remains under team control through 2015.
Kennedy showed improvement after being traded to the Padres last July and his fly ball ways are a much better fit in PETCO Park than in Arizona, so it would be no surprise to see him bounce back in 2014.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 8
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 35
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)