Jan 16, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
Kennedy, who was arbitration-eligible for the second time this winter, earned $4,265,000 last season while posting a 4.91 ERA and 163/73 K/BB ratio over 181 1/3 innings between the Diamondbacks and Padres. The 29-year-old remains under team control through 2015.
Kennedy showed improvement after being traded to the Padres last July and his fly ball ways are a much better fit in PETCO Park than in Arizona, so it would be no surprise to see him bounce back in 2014.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)