Jan 16, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
Kennedy, who was arbitration-eligible for the second time this winter, earned $4,265,000 last season while posting a 4.91 ERA and 163/73 K/BB ratio over 181 1/3 innings between the Diamondbacks and Padres. The 29-year-old remains under team control through 2015.
Kennedy showed improvement after being traded to the Padres last July and his fly ball ways are a much better fit in PETCO Park than in Arizona, so it would be no surprise to see him bounce back in 2014.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47