Jan 16, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
Kennedy, who was arbitration-eligible for the second time this winter, earned $4,265,000 last season while posting a 4.91 ERA and 163/73 K/BB ratio over 181 1/3 innings between the Diamondbacks and Padres. The 29-year-old remains under team control through 2015.
Kennedy showed improvement after being traded to the Padres last July and his fly ball ways are a much better fit in PETCO Park than in Arizona, so it would be no surprise to see him bounce back in 2014.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 44
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 60
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)