Jan 16, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
David Price and the Rays won’t be going through an arbitration hearing, as the two sides have agreed to a one-year, $14 million contract. For comparison, Tampa Bay’s entire payroll last season was $58 million.
Price will be arbitration eligible for the final time in 2015 before hitting the open market as a free agent, which is why he’s been the subject of trade speculation that will no doubt continue. I’d bet Price read a few articles about Clayton Kershaw yesterday.
He made $10 million last season, starting 27 games with a 3.33 ERA and 151/27 K/BB ratio in 187 innings as the follow-up to his Cy Young-winning 2012 campaign.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (86)