Jan 16, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
David Price and the Rays won’t be going through an arbitration hearing, as the two sides have agreed to a one-year, $14 million contract. For comparison, Tampa Bay’s entire payroll last season was $58 million.
Price will be arbitration eligible for the final time in 2015 before hitting the open market as a free agent, which is why he’s been the subject of trade speculation that will no doubt continue. I’d bet Price read a few articles about Clayton Kershaw yesterday.
He made $10 million last season, starting 27 games with a 3.33 ERA and 151/27 K/BB ratio in 187 innings as the follow-up to his Cy Young-winning 2012 campaign.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)