Jan 16, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Masahiro Tanaka has another eight days in which to negotiate with whoever he wants. Most are expecting the Dodgers or the Yankees to land him, but other teams aren’t giving up yet:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 16, 2014
It’d be unexpected to say the least for the Cubs to get Tanaka. We know little about his desires apart from odd things like “his wife wants to be on the west coast” and it’s always smart to assume that money matters most. But one also has to think that going to a team in win-now mode is desirable for him too, and the Cubs just aren’t there yet.
That should also, by the way, mitigate how much the Cubs want to spend on a guy like Tanaka.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (110)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)