David DeJesus, Anthony Rizzo, and Travis Wood sing The Backstreet Boys

Jan 17, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT

Last night former Cubs (and current Rays) outfielder David DeJesus hosted a “Strike A Chord” karaoke event in Chicago to raise money for ALS research and CSNChicago.com was there to snag some video of DeJesus, Anthony Rizzo, and Travis Wood singing “I Want It That Way” by The Backstreet Boys.

1. themanytoolsofignorance - Jan 17, 2014 at 10:28 AM

I don’t know what it is about David DeJesus, but he always reminds me of this guy….

• tfbuckfutter - Jan 17, 2014 at 11:06 AM

I kind of see it….

But to be honest he reminds me more of this guy:

• tfbuckfutter - Jan 17, 2014 at 11:07 AM

That….uh….

That was clearly supposed to be just a link.

• themanytoolsofignorance - Jan 17, 2014 at 12:49 PM

you horrible monster….

• historiophiliac - Jan 17, 2014 at 1:13 PM

I never got the rick roll thing. What was the deal? I didn’t find it funny at all. Or, are you supposed to secretly enjoy it?

• tfbuckfutter - Jan 17, 2014 at 1:26 PM

It’s a clean version of tricking someone into looking at Goatse or Tubgirl.

You suggest it’s a video of something they really want to see (BRITNEY SPEARS CAUGHT NAKED AT THE BEACH!) and then they get a cheesy song.

It just happened that this was the random cheesy song that stuck.

• historiophiliac - Jan 17, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I don’t even know what that first line means.

Back in the day, I saw Rick Astley in concert, so maybe I’m not the intended victim?

• tfbuckfutter - Jan 17, 2014 at 5:12 PM

You got Google on that computer of yours?

• historiophiliac - Jan 17, 2014 at 9:48 PM

You know I’m TLTG.

• anxovies - Jan 18, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Tubgirl. Some things you just can’t unsee.

2. Old Gator - Jan 17, 2014 at 10:53 AM

The worst performances not contained in an Ed Wood Jr. film I ever had the misfortune to witness were karaoke inebriates in some pub or other. The worst of the worst were Broadway show tunes. Blessedly, I never encountered an opera karaoke. Karaoke is a blight on civilization – in which sense, all it has over prior blights is that it isn’t carried by rats.

There was one karaoke worth watching, though:

3. tfbuckfutter - Jan 17, 2014 at 11:05 AM

It’s kind of funny that this is for ALS research because I can’t think of anyone that would listen to The Backstreet Boys (particularly karoake of it) if they had control of their own muscles and were able to leave.

• historiophiliac - Jan 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM

ha!

4. mrcoach00 - Jan 18, 2014 at 8:45 AM

This post would have received more hits if the title read:
    “Kim DeJesus’ husband, Anthony Rizzo, and Travis Wood sing The Backstreet Boys”

Three legends off to Cooperstown