Jan 17, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Tim McCarver is retired from doing national broadcasts for FOX, but the 72-year-old is staying busy and staying on television.
Dan Caesar of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that McCarver will spend 30 games in the broadcast booth this season as part of the Cardinals’ local broadcast team on FOX Sports Midwest.
McCarver began his playing career with the Cardinals in 1959 as a 17-year-old and played 12 seasons in St. Louis, telling Caesar: “It’s fabulous, a complete merry-go-round, it’s wonderful. Coming back to St. Louis after starting there some 55 years ago is obviously special.”
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)