Jan 18, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
Baker missed the entire 2012 season due to Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery and made only three starts for the Cubs in 2013, but he had a 3.14 ERA and 1.17 WHIP in 2011 with the Twins and is expected to enter camp this year at full health.
Cotillo expects Baker to settle for a minor league contract. That’s a worthwhile gamble for any club.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 61
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)