Jan 18, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
Just a reminder that Michael Clair’s annual charity blogathon is going on right now at Old Time Family Baseball.
For those unaware, Michael is making one freshly-written post every 30 minutes for 24 hours in order to raise money for Doctors Without Borders. He’s already several hours in and there’s plenty of great content, the latest of which looks into the mystery of Frank Thomas’ smile. Michael will get some much-deserved rest after his marathon blogging day is over, but a long list of familiar names (including our own Craig Calcaterra) will take over until Monday morning. This is the third year of the blogathon and it’s good fun for a very worthy cause.
Check it out and consider donating. Even giving one dollar puts you in the mix to win some sweet prizes.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)