Jan 18, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
Just a reminder that Michael Clair’s annual charity blogathon is going on right now at Old Time Family Baseball.
For those unaware, Michael is making one freshly-written post every 30 minutes for 24 hours in order to raise money for Doctors Without Borders. He’s already several hours in and there’s plenty of great content, the latest of which looks into the mystery of Frank Thomas’ smile. Michael will get some much-deserved rest after his marathon blogging day is over, but a long list of familiar names (including our own Craig Calcaterra) will take over until Monday morning. This is the third year of the blogathon and it’s good fun for a very worthy cause.
Check it out and consider donating. Even giving one dollar puts you in the mix to win some sweet prizes.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 10
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 55
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)