Jan 18, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
Just a reminder that Michael Clair’s annual charity blogathon is going on right now at Old Time Family Baseball.
For those unaware, Michael is making one freshly-written post every 30 minutes for 24 hours in order to raise money for Doctors Without Borders. He’s already several hours in and there’s plenty of great content, the latest of which looks into the mystery of Frank Thomas’ smile. Michael will get some much-deserved rest after his marathon blogging day is over, but a long list of familiar names (including our own Craig Calcaterra) will take over until Monday morning. This is the third year of the blogathon and it’s good fun for a very worthy cause.
Check it out and consider donating. Even giving one dollar puts you in the mix to win some sweet prizes.
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)