Jan 19, 2014, 3:04 PM EST
Matt Adams projects to open the 2014 baseball season as the Cardinals’ starting first baseman and is preparing for that role with an extensive offseason diet and workout program. Listed last year at 6-foot-3 and 260 pounds, he showed off a much more slender physique this weekend at the Cardinals’ annual Winter Warmup fan festival in downtown St. Louis.
The 25-year-old is, by all indications, in The Very Best Shape of His Life. MLB.com’s Jenifer Langosch had a chat with Adams early Sunday morning …
Matt Adams spending his offseason losing body fat, adding muscle and hitting lefty sliders. #stlcards
— Jenifer Langosch (@LangoschMLB) January 19, 2014
And Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch provides the video evidence …
Adams batted .284/.335/.503 with 17 home runs and 51 RBI in 108 games last season for the NL champs.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)