Jan 19, 2014, 3:04 PM EDT
Matt Adams projects to open the 2014 baseball season as the Cardinals’ starting first baseman and is preparing for that role with an extensive offseason diet and workout program. Listed last year at 6-foot-3 and 260 pounds, he showed off a much more slender physique this weekend at the Cardinals’ annual Winter Warmup fan festival in downtown St. Louis.
The 25-year-old is, by all indications, in The Very Best Shape of His Life. MLB.com’s Jenifer Langosch had a chat with Adams early Sunday morning …
Matt Adams spending his offseason losing body fat, adding muscle and hitting lefty sliders. #stlcards
— Jenifer Langosch (@LangoschMLB) January 19, 2014
And Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch provides the video evidence …
Adams batted .284/.335/.503 with 17 home runs and 51 RBI in 108 games last season for the NL champs.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)