Jan 20, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that free agent right-hander Chad Gaudin is drawing interest from “about six teams” and is expected to sign soon. No word on which teams are in the mix at this time, but we heard back in December that the Astros were interested.
The owner of a 4.44 career ERA, Gaudin was a pleasant surprise with the Giants last season, posting a 3.06 ERA and 88/40 K/BB ratio in 97 innings over 12 starts and 18 relief appearances. He was placed on the disabled list in mid-August due to carpal tunnel syndrome and failed to return before the end of the year.
Assuming Gaudin is back to full health, he should fit somewhere in a swingman role. He’ll turn 31 in March.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 237
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (237)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)