Jan 20, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that free agent right-hander Chad Gaudin is drawing interest from “about six teams” and is expected to sign soon. No word on which teams are in the mix at this time, but we heard back in December that the Astros were interested.
The owner of a 4.44 career ERA, Gaudin was a pleasant surprise with the Giants last season, posting a 3.06 ERA and 88/40 K/BB ratio in 97 innings over 12 starts and 18 relief appearances. He was placed on the disabled list in mid-August due to carpal tunnel syndrome and failed to return before the end of the year.
Assuming Gaudin is back to full health, he should fit somewhere in a swingman role. He’ll turn 31 in March.
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 0
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 7
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 33
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 40
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 182
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (182)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)