Jan 20, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that free agent right-hander Chad Gaudin is drawing interest from “about six teams” and is expected to sign soon. No word on which teams are in the mix at this time, but we heard back in December that the Astros were interested.
The owner of a 4.44 career ERA, Gaudin was a pleasant surprise with the Giants last season, posting a 3.06 ERA and 88/40 K/BB ratio in 97 innings over 12 starts and 18 relief appearances. He was placed on the disabled list in mid-August due to carpal tunnel syndrome and failed to return before the end of the year.
Assuming Gaudin is back to full health, he should fit somewhere in a swingman role. He’ll turn 31 in March.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 18
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 3
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 36
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)