Jan 20, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that free agent right-hander Chad Gaudin is drawing interest from “about six teams” and is expected to sign soon. No word on which teams are in the mix at this time, but we heard back in December that the Astros were interested.
The owner of a 4.44 career ERA, Gaudin was a pleasant surprise with the Giants last season, posting a 3.06 ERA and 88/40 K/BB ratio in 97 innings over 12 starts and 18 relief appearances. He was placed on the disabled list in mid-August due to carpal tunnel syndrome and failed to return before the end of the year.
Assuming Gaudin is back to full health, he should fit somewhere in a swingman role. He’ll turn 31 in March.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 46
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)