Jan 20, 2014, 4:23 PM EDT
Eventually Masahiro Tanaka will sign someplace, and when he does, we won’t have constant, often contradictory reports about who is in the lead and who will outbid who in what is, essentially, a totally opaque process. Until then:
Industry sources believe the Cubs will outbid the field on money and years. None of the clubs know other teams bids.
— Bruce Levine (@MLBBruceLevine) January 20, 2014
This Thursday, January 24, is the deadline for him to sign. Expect more of this back and forth until then.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39