Jan 20, 2014, 4:23 PM EDT
Eventually Masahiro Tanaka will sign someplace, and when he does, we won’t have constant, often contradictory reports about who is in the lead and who will outbid who in what is, essentially, a totally opaque process. Until then:
Industry sources believe the Cubs will outbid the field on money and years. None of the clubs know other teams bids.
— Bruce Levine (@MLBBruceLevine) January 20, 2014
This Thursday, January 24, is the deadline for him to sign. Expect more of this back and forth until then.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)