Jan 20, 2014, 4:23 PM EDT
Eventually Masahiro Tanaka will sign someplace, and when he does, we won’t have constant, often contradictory reports about who is in the lead and who will outbid who in what is, essentially, a totally opaque process. Until then:
Industry sources believe the Cubs will outbid the field on money and years. None of the clubs know other teams bids.
— Bruce Levine (@MLBBruceLevine) January 20, 2014
This Thursday, January 24, is the deadline for him to sign. Expect more of this back and forth until then.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)